Join the board of directors.
We’re a business with over $175 million in assets and over 14,000 members, but we’re also not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned by our members. We could never do it without volunteers in the community stepping up to participate in our Board of Directors. Our Board is made up of diverse, talented members who represent the community and help guide our policy decisions regarding financial soundness, business strategy, technology, branding, and member services.
What it’s like to serve.
Volunteers form our Board of Directors, which functions as a team that represents the best interests of Alta Vista’s members. Board members are elected by our members to a three-year term. Elections take place at the annual meeting.
- Create business objectives and work with the CEO towards the achievement of those objectives.
- Represent the best interests of all members and report to the members at the annual meeting.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Opportunities to serve on a variety of committees and task forces
- Educational briefings and opportunities
- Network with others and develop your business and finance skills
We ask that applicants meet the following requirements:
- Membership in good standing with Alta Vista
- Favorable credit rating
- At least 18 years of age and bondable
- Available for all monthly, quarterly, and/or occasional special meetings
- Willing to attend planning sessions and training programs at the credit union’s expense
- Able to work as a team member